Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One More Thing...

And one more thing...NO ONE should do Freddie Mercury. No one comes close...why did they sing it on Idol??? All I could think is "save me, Freddie!" It was painful.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I am so with you on your AI commentary. The group numbers are horrendous and we just skip over them (ummm and that's what their tour will sound/look like too I'm sure). You couldn't even here Adam for sure with KISS, it just sounded bad with him there. At least you could hear Kris and Allison in their songs--I liked both of those. The whole show was set up to debut Adam though--I think he's just a little too far out there for the bulk of who's voting. I liked his softer songs. I would listen to Kris on the radio.

coolton said...

Hey, I heavily disagree on many pionts. For one thing, the group stuff was heavily cheesy, but I think that Adam is Fredie's equal on many levels, especially vocally wise. He is the best vocalist we have had since Fredie Mercury, and he has every right to do some of his songs, but not all. I remember when on VH1 when they did a tribute to Queen and it sucked because the vocalist sucked. I think that if you can do it at least half as good as Freddie did a song, that you should be able to do a Queen song. Adam can do it well over half as good and can, and should, sing those kind of songs because they are perfect for his voice. The prson who sould NOT be doing those songs, and should not have won, is Chris, who only won because of his looks, not for his skills of musuc. That is all that I have to say in my rant for today.